Hey everyone, I’m back again with another post… be prepared, it’s a long one!
Women love wearing different dresses for different occasions and Ethnic Indian outfits that occupy the most space in any Indian woman’s wardrobe is salwar Kameez. Being the most comfortable and the most flexible outfit, it certainly deserves a special and large space in every girl’s closet.(I personally own a lot of them thou.)
We love to dress up and look good for any given occasion for function. No wonder, We desire to have a large wardrobe collection of different outfits in different designs to fulfill all our tastes and desires. AGREE?!
SO LETS GET STARTED:]
> LENGTH OF THE SALWAR:
Longer the length are just in fashion but also have a tendency to make one look tall and slim. While, your salwar should always be a few inches longer than your knees, if you are a short or petite woman, ensure that is not longer than ankle length for an attractive look, and I love my salwars longer to look more attractive.
>SLEEVES OR SLEEVELESS:
Many women get confused about whether to have sleeves or go sleeveless with their salwar to look good and attractive. While, its completely a point of personal taste, preference and personality, one good tip to keep in mind would be to always go in for half or full sleeves if you happen to have fatty arms to give you a trimmer and neat look. Also avoid going for puffed sleeve if you have broad shoulders, and that is just not in fashion.
So always get the right sleeve before you shop or get it stitched.
Colours are something, which plays with every girls mind. Although, dark colors like maroon, red, blue or green are not just slimming but look good on most women, whether fair or dusky, avoid very dark colors if you happen to have extremely fair or dusky complexion. However, if you are on the slimmer side and have a fair complexion, pastel colors such as peach, lilac, pink, aqua, or soft green can make you look very appeasing and charming.
So who does not want to look charming!
While hunting for colours, you might get various shades, but picking the right one is something tough, so always see the colour in bright or natural light to get better idea of how you look.
>TYPE AND STYLE:
Last but not the least, this is something I have been trying all these years, trying new styles, you should be very careful of the designing or before buying your salwar. While, there are a number of salwar kameez designs available like anarakalis, A-shape suits, short kurtis, Asymmetrical salwar kameez, chinese neck and long kurtas with plazzos, the designing and style of your salwar kameez perfectly depends on your style personality and body type.
Jhumki earrings for an Anarkali suit or a heavy salwar kameez would go, keep it simple and not to heavy.(if not your bag will carry your earrings at the end of the day):P
>WHAT TO CARRY ALONG:
- Clutch bags are a sleek and smart way to accessorize any outfit, Indian or western. It is smart and compact and is good enough to carry your basics while also adding a glam effect to your attire, do try to get attention by carrying huge ones.
- Potli is the translation for a little pouch.. Potli bags come in a variety of colours, patterns and with embellishments. They look great when teamed up with sarees and are very convenient to carry your essentials.
- Batuas are also like pouches but sort of a hybrid between a clutch and a potli. They are elongated and sleek like a clutch but can also accommodate stuff like the potli. Sometimes, many women tend to put their smaller items in a batua.
If you are wearing a super cool outfit, but your footwear doesn’t compliment, that’s makes us look cheesy! So why take risk?!so here are some tips!
- While wearing heels with salwar it is better pick up open toe heels, it closed kolhapuri juttis are best.
- Golden, brown, beige shoes almost go with all colors of slawar, so have one pair which goes with almost all the Indian wear outfits, and the most comfortable footwear is wedges which gives compliment to the outfit as well, and can walk with it all day.
- Make sure to avoid wearing too much of heels as it is noticeable than the outfit, or giving effort to look tall. Preferably medium heels.
- Last but not the least, comfort and right attitude are most essential part of fashion, if you wear extremely trendy and stylish footwear but don not comfortable or not able to carry them right away, all your effort will go in vain. So choose the right comfortable footwear.
Here is what my outfit looks like :
SALWAR: SHOW STOPPERS (DURING EXHIBITION)
POTLI: LALIT ASHOK
ON MY HAND:RING>KUSHALS
WEDGES: LALIT ASHOK
Hope you enjoyed this months style diary! Make sure you leave me a comment if you’ve seen anything you think I’ll love. Be sure to follow me on my other social media to keep up with my blog posts!
Lots of love,